Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Limelight



This song represents ever more tainting of the songs in my head from my rock station-listenin' lately (though I do dig me some Rush). I'm fearing that my blog is turning out to be an unwitting advertisement for The Band, The Bone, and KFOG (though I don't mind supporting the latter, 'cause it's truly an awesome, home-grown Bay Area radio station, even though it's now owned by broadcasting monolith Cumulus).

I've actually considered just not listening to any music at all in order to devote my mental pathways to replaying only music I generate from internal memory, associations, and emotions, and the occasional replay of music input I receive from passive listening at the grocery store, ambient music in public, and the like. That would be kind of pathetic, though, to deprive myself of new musical input just to enforce some sort of artificially-imposed "purity" onto my blogging project. What do y'all think? Maybe it's time for another reader poll...

Artist: Rush
Year: 1981
Rating: Warm

2 comments: