Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Mystery Ostinato (I think?)


Hello, friends!

A longer and longer interval of time goes by between blog posts here, but, rest assured, I still get songs stuck in my head (and still love getting them stuck in yours!)

This classical or operatic melody came to me this morning. I still know as little about music theory as ever, but a cursory search online tells me this repeating sequence of four notes that change only slightly might be called an ostinato. It's super famous; I'm sure you know it, too. No idea what piece of popculture I know it from, though odds are Looney Tunes, as usual.

I used this virtual piano tool to tenuously suss out the notes, starting with a mid-range G, which was close to the tone I had in my head.

Please help me identify this tune, and where you know it from!


1 comment:

  1. I think this is from the 2nd Hungarian Rhapsody by Franz Liszt.

    ReplyDelete