Friday, June 12, 2009

Mozart as Reset Button



Mozart's "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" Allegro from Serenade No. 13 is probably one of the most recognizable pieces of Western classical music. It came up in a conversation about this blog with someone I met recently (shout out to MK!). Seems M. has a friend who is a trained classical musician, and whenever she gets an unwelcome song stuck in her head, she just conjures up this piece, playing as much of it in her mind as she possibly can, and the unruly earworm is magically wiped away. I've been testing it out lately, and, by gum, it seems to work. Let me know your results!

Artist: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Year: 1787
Rating: Warm
Noteworthy: The first song from the 18th Century to make it into the blog!

1 comment:

  1. when i was in preschool, i was humming this song and my teacher said to my mom "my goodness i can't believe he knows classical music." my mom said to her, "ask him what it is" and she asked me what i was humming and i said "loony tunes!"

    ReplyDelete