Friday, February 26, 2010

¿Dónde Está Santa Claus?



I have no idea whether I'd ever actually heard this super-kitschy-cute song in full before. The only reason it is lodged in my head is that my old junior high friend Misty used to sing it. This is about 25 years ago, people, and it's in my head now. And it ain't even Xmas time!



And how much holiday joy do I feel now, knowing that Charo covered it in the '70s?? Cuci-Cuci!

Artist (original): Augie Rios
Year: 1958
Rating: Luke Hot

Artist (cover): Charo
Year: 1978
Rating: Lukewarm

2 comments:

  1. luke-warm indeed, yet somehow wiggly : } from the giddy reptilian pieces parts, ya think? i'ma love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yup, the reminder of the existence of Charo warms the cockles of my heart, actually. I've never heard her play Flamenco guitar, but she's supposed to be amazing. Still, she can't hold a candle to little Augie Rios on this ditty.

    ReplyDelete