Sunday, September 27, 2009

The The Empty



Ah, a nice break from the smooth rock of the '70s and '80s - I've been on quite an adult contemporary run lately.

I love the frenetic energy of Le Tigre's first album, unbelievably released in 1999 (I didn't hear it til late 2000, and it screams "Aughts!" to me). Like on many of their tracks, the noisy emotion of the song takes precedence over the lyrics, but when you hone in on the words, there's always a payoff:

I went to yr concert and I didn't feel anything
I went to yr concert and I didn't hear anything
I went to yr concert and I didn't feel anything
I went to yr concert and I didn't see anything

(Oh baby) why won't you talk to me?
(Oh baby) you just want me empty!
(Oh baby) you don't say anything!
(Oh baby) why won't you answer me?


Artist: Le Tigre
Year: 1999
Rating: Hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment