Friday, March 12, 2010

Downtown Train x3

Sometimes multiple versions of songs flash through my head almost simultaneously. In this case, three versions of the song "Downtown Train," written and performed originally by Mr. Tom Waits, appeared in my head in reverse-chronological order.



I own the acoustic album from EBTG, so that's the version of the song I've heard most.

Artist: Everything but the Girl
Year: 1992
Rating: Luke Hot



Then Rod Stewart's radio-hit version wormed its way in for a few minutes. The studio rendition is not bad, though his live performances of the song are cheese-tastic, to be sure.

Artist: Rod Stewart
Year: 1989
Rating: Warm



Then I was left with the original, and man, that's exactly where I needed to be.

Artist: Tom Waits
Year: 1985
Rating: Hawt!

No comments:

Post a Comment