Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fuck and Run


Liz Phair - "Fuck And Run (LIve At Matador 21)"

Matador | Myspace Video


Had the privilege of seeing Liz Phair live on Sunday night at the Independent in San Francisco. The above performance is from the recent Matador 21 show, with indie fave Ted Leo doing backing vocals and a bitchin' tambourine. This song has been in my head constantly since Sunday. It's unique for me, as far as earworms go, because I actually know all the words to the song from endless replays during my college years. So when it's in my head, I'm usually running the song all the way through. I've been whistling it and singing it out loud on my bike, too!

Artist: Liz Phair
Year: 1993
Rating: Hot!

4 comments:

  1. I'm 45 years old and I can safely say this is the first time I've ever heard/seen the phrase "a bitchin' tambourine".

    If I ever own a race horse that will be his name. Thanks.

    Nice blog.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dave! Thanks for the compliments on the blog! Really glad you're enjoying it. Laughing at the idea of a race horse named Bitchin' Tambourine. May she bring in a lot of dough for ya! :) If you have a blog/URL, please link it! How'd you find me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just being driven crazy by a song in my head so I Googled "song in my head" and there you were. The song? Suzzane Vega - Tom's Diner. I wanted to drive a pencil in my ear after a while. Fine song but it is one that sticks and won't go away.

    We have a lot of music in common. I'll keep checking back. BTW - today's pull of Under Pressure was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Anonymous #2 - thanks for leaving a comment! I've often had "Tom's Diner" in my head, a very effective earworm, indeed. Please let me know if you have a URL I can follow as well!

    ReplyDelete