Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hooked on a Feeling



I-I-I, I'm hooked on a feelin'
High on believin' that you're in love with me


Despite the soulful delivery of this ecstatic love message, there is a tinge of insecurity: high on believing that you're in love with me. Is it the belief in this affection desired that becomes such a reckless addiction? This song haunted me this morning. Good thing it's so buoyant!

Artist: B.J. Thomas
Year: 1968
Rating: Luke Hot

Note: Please do read what Holly Hughes had to say about this gorgeous ditty when it came back 'round into her consciousness about a year ago. As always, her reflections are thorough and useful, as well as a breezy read. PS to Holly: I'm turning 39 this month. I remember the song from radio play when I was a kid in the 70s; had no idea Tarantino used it in the 90s. And thankfully have been spared from the "ooka-shacka" versions being burrowed into my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment