Monday, August 20, 2012

Luke Hot!

I've always been lukewarm about the term I chose in my song ratings system for the degree between "Warm" and "Hot." "Warmish-hot" is so literal, not elegant at all. So I encouraged my readers to chime in and pick a new word or term I could use to designate songs I really really like, maybe even love, that intermediate step between genuinely liking a song (Warm) and thinking the song is The Absolute Shit (Hot!).

Luke Hot is the clear winner, among other ideas I was variously warm or just lukewarm to. Honorable mentions go to "Steamy," "Preter-boil," "Somewhat Sweltering," and "Fuzzy." Shouts out, mazels, congrat's, go to my pal Dave Grenetz, who suggested the winning rating. Here's a Hot Luke picture for you, Dave.

Stay tuned, gentle readers and fellow earworm aficionados. I will be changing all songs rated "Warmish-hot" to "Luke Hot" over the next few days. I'll also be interviewing Dave about the songs stuck in his head in a near-future entry. I think you'll find it Hot!

xo
Sooze

8 comments:

  1. I was equally inspired by Star Wars and Brain Candy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Admittedly not the best scene in the film...

      Dr. Chris Cooper: [holding out cappuccino cup to assistant] My cap is luke.
      Natalie: Lukewarm, Chris?
      Cisco: No, Luke Skywalker, you fuckin' inbred.

      Delete
  2. haha, great solution, suzie! good job, dave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tew fun! great choice, dave is also ff-fffuneee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jod! Yes, he is high-larious, that guy.

      Delete