Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dream Away



This song and its nonsensical refrain (Oh-Ry-In-Eye-Ay?) has been creeping 'round in my head for nearly thirty years. I knew it was from Time Bandits, Terry Gilliam's indelibly entertaining epic about a band of dwarves traveling through time to steal the world's most wonderful historic treasures. I watched that movie on cable when I was a kid probably dozens of times. But I had no fracking* idea it was a George Harrison song! Holy smokes, how weird!

Artist: George Harrison
Year: 1981
Rating: Warm
Note: *Yes, I did just use the term "fracking."

4 comments:

  1. damb (thx jane : }); so dendritically cewl how our brains work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you seen this clip?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsUkACDSIZY
    this is a classic product of george harrison/monty pythons collaboration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @J - totally cool, and bizarre.

    @O - thanks for sharing that - I'd never seen it before! It's odd how George Harrison seemed like such a serious ascetic spiritual musician, but he was totally whimsical, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know that GH produced most (if not all) Monty Python movies in general? He had a very healthy sense of humor, the "quiet one" :))

    ReplyDelete