Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mr. Roboto


See the official video here. (Apologies for the awful "Japanese-featured" robots. I did not make this shit up.)

"Mr. Roboto" has always been one of the songs I strongly associate with my '80s roller skating days. It got tons of airplay at San Jose's dearly-departed Aloha Roller Palace when I was a kid. Also, see this song for more of my internal roller skating soundtrack.

Really, I just woke up with the outro lyrics, "Thank you, thank you/I wanna thank you..." I think it was 'cause Amber was on a logistics call for work and ended the conversation with "thank you" as I was entering consciousness this morning. I then almost veered into the "thank yous" from Natalie Merchant's "Kind and Generous," but the song only flashed through my mind and didn't stick. Styx stuck.

Artist: Styx
Year: 1983
Rating: Luke Hot

No comments:

Post a Comment