Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What Do You Want From Life?



Amber and I have been having lots of conversations lately about what we both want from life. I have no doubt that this theme is what's springing up for me as this song floats through my head this morning. I'm not sure if a herd of Winnebagos or a baby's arm holding an apple are on either of our lists, but you get the idea. There's an absurdity in this song that I've always thought is so perfect for the subject matter: to what lengths will you go to achieve wealth and notoriety, and is that all there is?

Artist: The Tubes
Year: 1975
Rating: Hot!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes that last line just pops into my head. No one understands when I say to them out of the blue, "and a baby's arm holding an apple." Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for checking out the site and appreciating the Tubes with me! I particularly love the speeding up of the track on that last part of the song; it's as if the speaker is on helium. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete