Saturday, October 8, 2011

Handle with Care



This tune stayed with me all day yesterday; I whistled it en route between destinations during my usual daily hubub. It gives me warm, fuzzy feelings. It's so simple, maybe even facile, but the melody and the pure, arpeggiated guitar lines mingle with the collective nostalgia of a band made up of '60s and '70s rock legends. The entire aesthetic experience produces a down tempo, porch-swinging tune that will forever be in my head.

Artist: The Traveling Wilburys
Year: 1988
Rating: Luke Hot

Note: As an aside, when this song came out, I was in high school, and I hated Roy Orbison's portion. It grated on me, and I found it schmaltzy. Now, his soaring vocal performance literally gives me chills. My arms are all goosebumpy. Maybe I'm tired of being lonely, too.

2 comments:

  1. @M - word. Also, the felt experience of losing romantic love, a feeling I couldn't have grasped when I was 17.

    ReplyDelete