Monday, March 26, 2012

Do You Want Crying? or Two (or Three)-Hit Wonders



As I was waking up yesterday, I heard a baby crying somewhere outside my window. I opened the blinds, and saw a man walking with a toddler on the other side of the street, and the kid was sobbing all the way down the block. This relatively obscure secondary hit song by 80s popsters Katrina and the Waves then emerged in my head and stayed with me all day.

It's sort of timely, because Scott and I were recently talking about making a playlist of lesser hits by artists that only had two or three charting songs. You probably recall Katrina's bigger hit a lot better than this one, right?

Or you know how this song immediately springs to mind when you think of Crowded House? Well, instead, we'd put "Something So Strong" on the mix.



I've always preferred it, actually, even though (or maybe because) it's gotten way less air play over the years.

Or, take the band Thin Lizzy. You probably quickly conjure up this 1976 hit, but if you perk up your mind's ears a moment, you might remember this one:



So, readers, what are some other second-rate songs you love by Two (or Three)-Hit Wonders?

Artist: Katrina & the Waves
Year: 1985
Rating: Luke Hot

3 comments:

  1. Quarterflash -- Take Me To Heart. It's probably not even a third-rate song, but I've always liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I was honestly going to say either Hands Tied by Scandal or Take Me To Heart. I let out a little scream when I saw Lisa's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, kids, brilliant! I love the synchronicity there! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete