Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pictures of You



Beautiful song. Perfect guitar lines. Brings tears to my eyes on almost every listen. It reminds me of a lover long gone from my life, who once put the song on a mixed tape* for me.

Artist: The Cure
Year: 1989
Rating: Hot!

*Some people refer to them, by the way, as "mixtapes," but "mix tape" and "mixed tape" are also in usage. I've always preferred "mixed tape" because it seems more grammatically correct, but I understand how "mixtape" just flows better. When I burn CDs for people these days, I call them "mixes."

2 comments:

  1. I have a cute little book that makes a fun read--you might enjoy it. It's called "Love is a Mix-Tape" and is written by a guy who writes for Rolling Stone (Rob Sheffield, I believe). It's all about the mixtapes made for him and their documentation of his falling in love, adjusting to being a husband, scratching out a living in tiny little Charlottesville, VA, and, eventually, coping with the loss of his wife.

    Want to borrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that sounds great! Yeah, I'd read that. It seems like it might be a bit deeper than High Fidelity, though some similar themes.

    ReplyDelete