Saturday, January 9, 2010

Chun King Jingle

Woke up in the middle of the night with the '80s Chun King Chinese food jingle in my head:

Try Chun King for a beautiful body/Try Chun King for a beautiful taste.

For those who don't remember the Chun King line of food products, it was basically a can of veggies, meat, and sauce that comprised a Chinese dish such as chow mein or egg foo young (the food was "Oriental" and "exotic," as indicated in the marketing; note that the company was started by an Italian-American entrepreneur).

We always got their packaged crispy noodles when I was a kid. I remember the veggies as mainly consisting of mung bean sprouts and soggy, thinly-sliced celery. Sadly, I can't find the song anywhere online.

Artist: Unknown
Year: '70s or '80s (?)
Rating: n/a

9 comments:

  1. Very strange. I woke up singing that jingle this morning. It has to have been at least 25 years since I heard it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Yeah, music is a pretty resilient medium for memory. Thanks for being out there and sharing my odd encounter with this song. Hope you'll stop by again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! That song has been going through my head on and off for the last six months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @AZKid - Wow! I think that calls for serious condolences. I hope something a bit more enjoyable passes through soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesh, so what happened to Chun King?? One day I started craving that chop suey in a can from my youth. And with that random craving came that song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow! I had this song in my head all of a sudden today so I Binged it. And found this blog entry! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. This entry gets a LOT of hits! It's kooky. I still can't find the song online anywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ropXYmnExLA

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely classic marketing

    ReplyDelete