Friday, April 3, 2009

The Entertainment Tonight Theme



This song was burning in my head this morning, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was from. I knew it was some sort of TV talk show theme song, but I haven't watched this kind of shit in decades. My first hunch was that it was from the local CBS-affiliate Evening Magazine with Jan Yanehiro and some interchanging cast of nebbishy blond guys. Strike One. Then I thought it might be the Siskel and Ebert theme, but wrong again. It hit me as I was walking home from my quick outing to the mailbox on the corner, and thanks to the magical internets, we now have the winner. Ah, Mary Hart and John Tesh.

Year: 1984
Rating: n/r

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man. I'm sorry this is stuck in your head. That carries over to anything associated with John Tesh in the past, present, or future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I love about this song is that if you want, you can pretend the words to it are the title of the show. "Entertainment Tonight/To-ni-ni-night/Entertainment Tonight/To-ni-ni-night/It's entertainment and it is tonight." Oh, I am a dork.

    ReplyDelete