Sunday, April 19, 2009

You're The Inspiration



Gotta admit, this sappy Chicago ballad has been millin' about for days, almost as if to taunt me for skipping it over in the write-up from Friday. I had to include this link to a Peter Cetera solo performance, complete with wacky cell phone-waving revelry, 'cause the only other versions I'm finding on YouTube are from the post-Cetera era with lead singer Jason Scheff. As if this album weren't enough of a shark-jump (ah, the obvious link between massive commercial success and suckage) it was also Cetera's last work with the band before he flew the coup in 1985.

Artist: Chicago (Peter Cetera)
Year: 1984
Rating: Lukewarm

(Shark-jump icon stolen from Addison Road)

1 comment:

  1. You know, when I was five years old this song (along with "Hard Habit to Break") were my very, very favorites. I would cry and cry and sing along when they came on, proving my penchant for melodrama from a very early age.

    ReplyDelete