Sunday, April 19, 2009

Already Gone

Already Gone Live, 1974

The second Eagles song stuck in my head in the span of a week. This one has always been one of my favorites, though. I can't claim any sort of hipster distaste for the Eagles; I'm warm on 'em. I love the melody, the harmonies, and I can't resist the quirky opening lines:

Well I heard some people talkin' just the other day
And they said you were gonna put me on the shelf
Lemme tell ya, I got some news for you
And you'll soon find out it's true
And then you'll have to eat your lunch all by yourself...


Normally, I'm not drawn to the "dude dumping the chick" narrative, but the spirit of this song is about freedom from internal constraints, and I'm a kindred audience.

Artist: Eagles
Year: 1974
Rating: Hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment